27th BGF Counseling Course
“I need help.”
A call for help we so often hear,
from ourselves when we face uncertainties and difficulties that is life;
from our loved ones as they approach you, in conflict and stressed;
from our colleagues and friends as they face a roadblock in life.
How would you help them or yourself?
We invite you to join the 27th BGF Counseling Course starting on 29 September 2019.
The course is conducted by qualified speakers who are experienced in their respective professions.
Come and learn effective & basic counseling skills in this 8+12-week course.
By the end of it, we hope to equip participants with the skills and knowledge to cope with life’s various stress and strains, mountains and molehills.
Join us in ‘Discovering Yourself and Others’ to realise your potential to be an empathetic listener in order to help yourself and others.
You can sign up using the button below
Level 1 Counseling Course Topics
September 2019 – December 2019
- Conflict and Resolution Skills
- In Pursuit of Happiness
- Mental and Emotional Impact of Stress
- Self-Awareness: Your Personality
- Effective Listening in Counseling
- Effective Communications
- Human Development Across the Lifespan
- Personal Growth: Your Values, Your Life
Level 2 Counseling Course Topics
January 2020 – May 2020
- Suicide Intervention
- Mental Health Matters
- Trauma and Crisis Intervention
- Child Protection
- Domestic Violence is NOT a Private Matter
- Connection with Children
- Field Visit
- Counseling Stories
- Befriending Adolescents
- Coping with Loss and Grief
- Relationship Counseling
- Getting Older and Older
- Behavioral and Substance Addictions