In view of the Global Pandemic of COVID-19 and the need to keep our members safe, BGF will be SUSPENDING all activities for the month of March 2020.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) had declared the COVID-19 Virus a Global Pandemic. You are reminded to observe the following steps (Check the included links for further information)
- Be hygienic – wash your hands with soap (regularly)
- Never touch your face with unclean hands
- Check your body temperature every day
- Wear a mask if you are feeling unwell
- Practice social distancing
- If you have a fever or flu-like symptoms, consult a doctor
- If you have any questions about COVID-19, do consult the National Crisis Preparedness and Response Centre (CPRC) at +6 03-88810200
- Do not hoard essential materials. Take what is necessary for your family and leave supplies for others as well
- Do check, and verify all news that you are receiving and forwarding. Contain the spread of harmful fake information. When in doubt, check with the official guidelines linked below
- If you have been in close contact with any suspected COVID-19 patient, get yourself tested as well
- Stay at home if you are not employed at a critical institution
- Do keep a lookout for the elderly and movement impaired in your community and help them if you can. (Like getting food for them, and making sure they get help if they are not well)
List of resources on COVID-19
Please note that it is everyone’s responsibility to help to contain the spread of the COVID-19 Virus.
We will be monitoring the situation in accordance with the guidelines provided by the Ministry of Health, Malaysia.
Buddhist Gem Fellowship (BGF)