Date: 20 May 2018 , Sunday.
Time: 9.00am to 11.30am. (Join us for lunch at BGF Café after the talk).
Venue: BGF Ara Damansara
Speaker: Sis Miyen Low
We usually admire our neighbours’ gardens or got excited when we passed by some beautiful gardens. Often times we neglect our own garden, causing harm to it! This talk will share some skills on “how to water our own garden” so that our flowers will bloom & grass will flourish. This is because life is ironical where human tendencies to focus on others are so natural that, to remember to care for oneself, needs effort & skills. Join us for an overview on skills for self-care, enhancing emotional resiliency & managing challenging relationships based on scientific research in mindfulness, positive psychology & self-compassion for self-growth.
About Miyen Low
• Clinical Psychologist & Trained Teacher of Mindful Self-Compassion
• Founder of Mindful-Spa a localized Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) program to enhance Self-Resiliency in life
• Vice-President of KL Buddhist Mental Health Association
• Working with individuals, couples, families, workplace & communities providing psychotherapy, psychological assessment, coaching, training, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) & mindfulness-based interventions for more than 22 years.
• Has been interviewed by various local newspapers, magazines, TV & radio stations. Was a regular speaker on NTV7 BELLA show.
This talk is organised in collaboration with the Kuala Lumpur Buddhist Mental Health Association.